Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1 ice bath topically x’s 1 qdaily prn for pain...first dose stat

Nurses will appreciate the name of my post today.  The past few weeks I have been busy busy busy with work and other things.  But yes, I have been lazy in posting once again. Let me first update you on the past few rides/runs and such.  The past few weeks have been brutally (is that a word?) hot so riding/running has been pretty impossible...or usually just really sweaty...sorry for the visual. Last week I was able to do 2 few 20 mile rides and a nice long 40 mile ride on Wednesday.  I felt like a million bucks riding and I should have gone further quite honestly.  I needed a little encouragement, but since I was riding by myself again I just couldn’t bring myself to go anymore myself.  Food sounded so much better than another 15 miles.  See where my priorities are? Oh, and I was meeting mal pal to go to ikea so I was running short on timeas well.  Ikea was a fun afternoon trip where we got lots of ideas for both of our places...nothing was bought, but plenty of plans.  That evening I had a huge craving for cream so I went to walt churchills and bought some vanilla and had a great night of watching love and other drugs.  Typical girls night in with myself, a chickflick, and cream.  Much needed.  
Yesterday I did a 9 mile run in preparation for the Chicago Half Marathon.  I haven’t signed up for it quite yet, but I needed to do a nice long run (and not stop). And I stopped only 2 times...once in the cemetery to grab a drink and the same in a park.  Only for a minute or so.  And I finished in about 1 hour and 25 minutes.  Not bad for first longish run in a while! I felt like I needed an ice bath after it all, but all I did was ice the knees.  I’ll be heading out for a bike here after I finish this post...
Marley was tired after my run as well I guess...even though she was napping while I was out.

The things that hold you back on my rides....trains passing through perrysburg. 


Work has been good recently, finally chemotherapy certified.  Yay for that! Not that I will be hanging much chemo on nights, but at least now I do have the credentials to do so! Never a dull moment on our floor...I had a confused patient who pulled out her PEG tube from her stomach.  You’d think that would hurt, yes? Well not only did we not hear her scream, yell, anything...she told us she didn’t do it.  Yea, well dementia plays a part in that fact.  Sweethart? yes. Challenge? YES.  I enjoyed her a lot minus the whole taking out her peg tube thing.  Sunday I saw the wonderful Brooke Diller and her mom after work.  They were up my way shopping and stopped by to get my scarlet scrubs since Brooke is starting nursing school in the fall! YAY!  It was a nice visit and great to see them both.  I went to mass at blessed john where I had a tough time staying awake without someone there nudging me when I dosed off.  Sorry Jesus.  I had a busy morning after that still of buying a new tv and buying some supplies for the lasagna/martini night at my place.  After all that I slept for a few hours and woke up to start cooking for my ladies+KC.  We had a lot of laughs that night and ended with some cranium.  So happy that I had them all over.  The next day I did an afternoon showing of Captain America with KC.  I was fully impressed, but I need to have a viewing of the other movies leading up to the avengers now before next summer.  Hopefully sooner rather than later!  
I think I have to go on that ride now, it’s looking like the rain may be coming to kill my plans of biking if I don’t go soon....at least that’s what blizzard bill of abc is saying

No comments:

Post a Comment