Monday, July 11, 2011

50 50 50 50 50 50!!!!!!

As I write this post I have a load of laundry next to me, a thunderstorm outside, due date playing in the background and an ice pack on my back.  Laundry is next to me because it always takes me a day and a half to actually fold and put it away. Thunderstorm is widely appreciated in Toledo since it hasn't rained in a month.  Due date: just because I like background noise.  And the ice pack? Well, I need to learn how to not slouch when I'm riding jarvis, especially when I'm riding 50 miles on him. (or 102 when pelotonia rolls around)  I think an ice bath is in order later today if it still feels like this.  I'm not sure if I will actually put myself through that one though...we'll see.
So the ride yesterday I broke up into a 30 mile ride with a 20 minute break to grab some more water at my place, let marley out to pee/play, and get a snack.  I rode to luckey and back on that first part where I only saw a few cars, motorcycles, and fellow bikers.  It's funny how much a motorcyclist and I have in common: they wake up early to feel the wind in the hair, as did I. With the exception of them having some extra help with the actual feeling the wind in the hair with the motor part of it.  And we all had helmets on, so I guess not really feeling it in the hair...sort of.  Regardless, we all enjoyed the morning in the outside....I thought I was going somewhere with that.
Also on my ride someone was gracious enough to spray me with some water as they were watering their grass.  With only about 5 miles to go it was much appreciated.  And I came to the realization that I need to buy riding gloves at some point very soon.  My right pinky is still numb from the ride.  Not the best sensation ever.  I will be heading up to bike works of sylvania this afternoon to see if they can help me out with the glove situation.  Hopefully I get some suggestions, they always have been super helpful there!!!
All in all, it was a solid ride.  It makes me believe that I can really do that next 50 when Pelotonia comes in August.  Well, hopefully!
Not much more going on here.  Will update you all again soon.  Don't forget to make a donation to my ride if you haven't yet and if you can!  Any little bit helps, even if it is 5 or 10 dollars!!!  Just go to
http://www.mypelotonia.org/riders_profile.jsp?MemberID=115667&SearchStart=0&PAGING
and click on "donate to my ride".  Thanks for everyone who already has helped donate so far!  You are making a difference in people's lives by doing so!
Alright, I guess I should get back to laundry. BOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment