Thursday, July 14, 2011

"I think we should make a book"

Last night I spent my time with jackie, mallory, and Mr. and Mrs. Malenfant (aka jackie’s ‘rents) at the Malenfant residence in Waterville...about 10 minutes from Perrysburg.  Jackie’s birthday is tomorrow so we had a mini celebration last night complimented with a delicious steak/potato/corn dinner.  Great food, even greater company.  Throughout the dinner we got on the topic of work.  Even though we complain about work sometimes, we do have to look back and laugh/enjoy the craziness that ensues there.  I think we could have talked all night about the many stories we have already had there...which is why Mr. Malenfant said we should write a book.  Or at least write down all these stories we have.  
Story time from work on Tuesday night: I was assessing my patient’s feet seeing that they were swollen and I went to take off her socks when she was quick to say “oh please be careful with my right foot!!”.  I just figured she may have a sore on her foot of some sort but when asked about it she said “I have my money in my sock and don’t want to lose it.” Hmmm...well I guess no one will steal it from you? Where she went on to say that she thinks that if anyone will go for it in her sock at least she’ll wake up.  I told her we could lock it up, but she seemed to think it was much safer in the right sock.  And that her son would pick it up tomorrow morning.  
This is just one story of many from each night.  Some are funny like this one, some sad, some just down right crazy.  I realize why there are sooo many shows about hospitals/medicine.  You never run out of stories.
On another note, thanks again for the donations that keep coming in for my ride in August! Still have a long way to go, but so thankful for everyone so far who has gotten me this far with the donations.  Monday since it was pouring cats and dogs I had to pay a visit to the treadmill...wasn’t originally looking forward to this, but turned out pretty good.  This Tuesday I went on a nice 22 mile ride along river road from pburg.  I can’t tell you how happy I am with my bike purchase this year, best purchase of the year for sure.  I think about that literally every ride.  Yesterday I did a short run before heading over to the Malenfant residence...I woke up at 5:30pm after work the night before cutting it a bit short.  Ok with me, legs were screaming at me.  
Today another ride at some point before going into work tonight....first night of 3 for me! Let’s hope they are good ones, or at least ones full of lots of stories for our book “the adventures of floor 4cd”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment