Monday, June 20, 2011

A new ride to work

Last week my mom and I went on an excursion to find another bike. what? yes. another bike.  Why is this? Well, I’m going to start to bike to work and I can’t leave Jarvis outside in the middle of Toledo during the night. Just not a good idea. So I found an old one on craigslist for 40 dollars. I’ll take it. Only needed a new tire on it and it is golden.  I did a trial run last night and it worked well.  It is raining right now so I’m not sure if the biking to work tonight is going to happen unfortunately.  Maybe tomorrow night? Fingers crossed. The ride will be just over 10 miles one way so it will help add some milage on the miles needed for the training.  The bike is so much heavier than jarvis too so it adds some difficulty to the ride.  Helps me with the hills being non existent in NW ohio.  It is quite the gorgeous ride on River Road as well right by the Maumee! Maybe the amount of money that goes to gas from my paycheck will decrease as well.  At least I’m hoping so.  
Side note, this weekend was an absolute blast with my family celebrating marta and matt’s wedding. Marta looked gorgeous and Matt didn’t look to shabby either.  The different, relaxed feeling of the day made it so different than any other wedding but I think it was perfect for them.  During the afternoon (since the wedding was at 11:30) KC and I were able to explore the short north a bit and get Jeni’s ice cream: obviously.  That ice cream never fails to make me smile.  Love it.  At night we all found our way to goron biersch for some beers/dinner before char bar to celebrate some more.  Made for a wonderful night with everyone! The whole weekend was an eating spree as well.  So much food at cafe bella, then at barcelona, and at Aunt Elaine’s house.  We seriously went home with a loaf of bread from panera.  Thanks Aunt Elaine for feeding us!  Spending time with the family makes me that much more excited to go to the beach with the family next week! YAY beach!
Now to take a nap before work. 

2 comments:

  1. So jealous that you can bike to work. In addition to getting run over by trucks, I'm pretty sure it would take me 4 hours to bike to work. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo philly not allowing you to ride to work!!! It is definitely a challenge, though, especially after getting off a 12 hour shift at 7 or 8 am so I won't be doing it every single time I work. Just too much!!

    ReplyDelete