Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Holy Toledo Humidity!

Dear God Toledo, why must you always be humid as hell when I just want to go on a friendly run after waking up? I went to get fingerprinted/background check for grad school in the fall and since I was right by UT’s trail I decided to take some time on a nice 6 mile run.  I was thoroughly ready for humidity...or so I thought. It ended up being a pretty good one, but just sweaty beyond belief.  After I planned on going to giant eagle to grab some snacks for Wine Wednesday with Mallory and me. And KC after rehearsal.   I felt bad for whoever came within a 5 foot radius of me. I had just enough time to come home, eat, and go to volleyball.  So I was the smelly one on the team at the beginning.  But I was glad I hadn’t showered seeing as though I had time between our games to practice my sandcastle building skills in the sand for the beach next week with the family.  
Lesson of today: it will be ridiculously humid in Toledo during the summer.  Being a smelly hot mess is going to be the theme of the summer after long bike rides and runs. And I’m ok with it. 
That’s about it. Have a wonderful, humid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment