Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reunion in the bus

Thanks again to everyone contributing to my ride, every single bit helps, so please contribute if you can!!!
I went to cbus this weekend to celebrate suzanne’s birthday/her coming home from oregon/sujie visiting/graduation for everyone else.  It was an adventure (as always) with all of them.  We were even able to get a bike ride in on Saturday afternoon.   It was a little over 20 miles and included a nice steep hill...aka something I never encounter in toledo.  It was a challenge, but man did I feel on top of the world after we took it down.  We were able to enjoy some drinks at out r inn afterwards with some people and shop a bit before dinner.  We went to cafe bella which is by far my favorite restaurant in Columbus right now.  North High Street right after hudson.  Go there.  You won’t be disappointed. http://www.cafebellacolumbus.com/ We are actually going there for MARTA AND MATT’S REHEARSAL DINNER!!!! YAY WEDDINGS!! This Saturday is the wedding. So flipping pumped.  After we were able to hear James Greenebaum’s speech on the oval for the candlelight ceremony. He was the best person for that job because it truly was from the heart and encompassed everything that needed to be said. We left right after and headed downtown.  The rest of the night was filled with plenty of laughs, excursions, and a walk from the arena district back to 12th avenue. Thank you to whoever thought that was a good idea...I guess it was a fun walk but really? All the way back to campus? All 2 miles of it? (I googlemaped it so it was legit 2 miles). I guess I shouldn’t complain. We could probably have used the exercise after all the, um, beverages we had that night.  And it was a nice night.  And it was a blast.  I just want to complain right now about it though. All in all, WONDERFUL to see my friends and be in the bus.
This past Monday I was able to do a 40 mile ride.  It took some planning/metal pumping up but I finished and I finished without 1)popping a tire 2) getting lost 3) falling off my bike. So it’s definitely a win right there. I cannot wait to enjoy those rides on the open roads of Michigan with Suzanne in July. Going to be absolutely unbelievable.  Well, now my mom is here and we are enjoying watching hgtv after a yummy dinner and commenting on the cookies we bought at the perrysburg farmers market.  We both thought they were excellent...not as good as ours. But excellent nonetheless. What does that say about our cookies? That they are flipping amazing. Not even going to be humble about them. We also were able to buy some homemade bread where the proceeds go to homeless shelters in the Toledo area.  The guy that does it seemed in need of help so I gave him my information for volunteering my baking services/helping out the homeless shelters.  I hope he does get a hold of me about it, it would be something I’ve been looking for around here.  An ongoing volunteer oppurtunity. We’ll see where it goes from here.  
All in all, been a great past week and ready for the weekend with the family for the wedding celebration. I promise I will be getting better at posting. I need to! Lots of love
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment