Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baseball and Bud light night

Lots of baseball news for the past few days....
  1. The Pittsburgh Pirates are above .500. This is the biggest news for the Pirates since they got a new stadium. 
  2. The “lemonade here” man from pnc park passed away. If you’ve ever been to a pirate game you know who I’m talking about.  May he rest in peace and have people waiting on him hand and foot up in heaven like he did for so many!
  3. I went to the mud hens game last night.  Go Toledo! Seriously such a great park. And $9 for a seat behind home plate I’ll take any day.  I enjoyed Tony Packos and a few beers with Jackie, Mallory, Kc, and Tony.  Love this crew of people. So much fun...and a good break after 3 nights straight of working.  I slept for 12 hours last night after it all!
I think that’s it for the baseball news.  I can’t wait to go to another game, such a good reminder summer is coming. I woke up this morning at 8am to a thunderstorm and couldn’t fall asleep for a bit so I watched Jamie Oliver’s Food revolution on hulu. (I then fell asleep until 2, which is how I ended up getting 12 hours of sleep ha!)  The show really is amazing, though.  He has such a huge goal for people and healthy eating.  I honestly get scared when I think about the fact that there are so many young kids who are developing diabetes and so many who don’t even know the meaning of a good homecooked meal with fresh ingredients.  It is so sad...
I have a feeling that pretty soon I will be seeing 90% of my patients will be diabetic, even though it is not unusual to have half of them being diabetic now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment