Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yinzers run a marathon relay

So here we are a few days later...what is new?? Well, my back is no longer burnt. It is peeling. Gross? Yea, sorry.  I went to the ‘burgh last weekend to see the family.  I was able to get a megabus ticket home and back for a total of $2.50. Score.  Thanks to Jackie for driving me to and from the station. And thanks to the 2 police officers for not giving her a ticket on the way home.  
The trip was much enjoyable.  Mom made a mexican fiesta on Friday night which was delicious and exactly what I needed.  The sibs came over as well which was a fiasco as always.  I got my outfit from Emily for the weekend for team GNC and my bib.  I was “frank” for the day since that is what my bib said.  I’m ok with it.  Emily brought over this neat thing from Under armor.  See link: 
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/accessories/protective-gear/pid1223503?iid=125|ArmourBite|v4.0-Endeca-Department-Page---113|dp_hero_01||MWBG|armourbite|P|I|1223503|
Do you think they work? She seems to think it’s legit.  
The next morning we took a tour of some homes in the south side in Pittsburgh.  A walking tour was just what I needed to stretch frank’s legs out. And dad brought his pedometer too and was very proud of the fact he did over 5,000 steps!  I loved seeing all the houses I will never in my life be able to afford and spending some time with the rents.  We met up with the bro on Mt. Washington for a lunch looking out to the beautiful city of Pittsburgh.  Yummy lunch filled with lots of laughs! Upon going home I suggested church later that night but my body was telling me I was crazy....after readjusting to regular person sleeping schedule (thank you night schedule for doing so) I was in need of a nap that afternoon/evening and noone was going to disturb me....(sorry mike gearhart for ignoring your phone call that afternoon...I called you back yesterday though!!)  It made for a non restful sleep for the night unfortunately and I was a bit sleep deprived during the race.  Which was quite ok since the adrenaline was running like crazy after seeing the kenyans running their butts off and all the people on the sidelines cheering for us.  If you get a chance to run in a relay race definitely do so.  They are a blast (I cannot wait for RAGNAR in January!!!!!)  Pittsburgh did a great job of keeping everything organized and fun the whole race for everyone.  After the race mom made us all a huge brunch and I pulled a dad and fell asleep on the couch for an hour or so.  
We just hung around the house/went grocery shopping in the afternoon...nothing too crazy.  Emily suggested we all grab some ice cream later so we me them at the ice cream shop near us all.  Perfect ending to a great visit with the family.  Boyd man dropped me off at the megabus station the next morning and I started my journey back to Toledo just to work at night.  When I finally was able to sleep the next morning I had been up for 22ish hours. Too much stress on my body some times.  Thus why I need to chill out on the going away to different places every other weekend for at least one weekend the next month.  I made the decision to stay in Toledo for memorial day weekend so I don’t go crazy trying to make plans with people and get to different places just to come back to work.  I need to take a chill pill and relax in T-town so I don’t lose my brain.  I can get some good bike rides in that weekend too! Well, at least one I’m hoping for!  Sometimes I think I need to slow down my life a little bit sometimes.  Really, I just need to take a step back and remember that I am supposed to be enjoying myself and not just checking things off of my to do list everyday.  God made this life of mine so I can experience it, not try to squeeze everything in I can possibly squeeze in.  I know I tell myself this all the time, but it is hard to live by it, I am always on the go.  If you notice me too much on the go give me a slap in the face and tell me to stop, look around, and enjoy my life.  In the words of miss Francesca Battistelli “In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I’m blessed”....I need to stop forgetting that fact!!
Peace and much love,
A

2 comments:

  1. you're doing ragnar?? i literally JUST heard about this earlier today, but it sounds AMAZING. where are you doing it at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing it in Florida next January! Words cannot describe how excited I am for it

    ReplyDelete