Saturday, May 21, 2011

Step one of common sense: complete

Step one of using common sense: getting my flat fixed, learning how to correctly fix a flat by myself, and buying the necessary supplies to help me when I’m stuck miles from my apartment again.  Thank you bike works of Sylvania!! No more phone calls from me saying I need saved when I’m stuck in the middle of no where. I don’t think so anyways...
Did absolutely nothing but run errands this afternoon. Getting that tire fixed was top priority, and figuring out how to put the tire back on my bike when I got home.  Only took me 4 attempts! 
At work tonight I had the sweetest old man as 1 of 6 of my patients.  He was one of those people who could talk for hours upon hours. It is a blessing and a curse at times: blessing when I have time to talk, curse when there are 5 other patients who need you at the same time.  Isn’t that awful that sometimes I don’t have the time to talk to those people who really need to talk? Well, I did get a little 20 minute stretch while I was in his room and was able to do so.  He was great at rambling for sure...you know, one of those  people who could talk about nothing and if I shook my head and said uh huh a few times he would just keep on going.  But then he got into how he ended up in the hospital.  He fell at home, and was on the floor for over 2 days.  2 DAYS!? I cannot even imagine what that must feel like at all. 2 days straight of yelling for help, hoping for someone to hear you. He just wanted someone to listen to his story, just like he just wanted someone to hear him when he was on the floor for those days.  A little reminder for everyone to just listen to “those people” who just don’t ever stop talking. They’ll get to the point eventually.  Well hopefully. Peace and much love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment