Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flipping dogs

So last night I got the entire night off.  I was on my way to work as ready as I could be after only getting a few hours of sleep during the day (how hard is it to sleep during the day when it is nice out? it’s going to be a challenge for me) and I got that wonderful phone call asking me if I wanted comp time. Yes. Please.  I was able to get some shopping at NY and CO done (hello 50% off everything) and get my apartment somewhat clean before meeting some friends for sushi.  Yes, sushi. Well, I had already eaten dinner so I just got a yummy key lime martini that tasted like summer and some edamame.  And I tried a piece of sushi. It wasn’t horrible.  I would have liked it had it been crab-less. (Is that correct english? who knows)  Maybe I’ll try it again.  That’s a big MAYBE though!  I fell asleep at midnight so thank god I didn’t have to work, I would have been dragging.  I hate that feeling beyond belief.  It allowed me to get up at 8 (what?) yes, 8am to go on a 26 mile ride in this gorgeous weather. It was amazing until I turned around and realized that the wind was behind me the whole way out.  I hate HATE windy rides.  I’d much rather have a million hills than wind...I say that now but I guess Toledo doesn’t really have many hills. Or should I say any hills?  But at least hills have an end to them, the wind just hits you in the flipping face out of no where. Ridic.  And then there was this house that has 2 big old dogs that come chasing after me. every flipping time I ride past there they seem to think that it is a great idea to come chasing after a bike.  I have come to the conclusion that because one of their name’s is “buckeye” (I heard the owner screaming it when it came after me) and because my bike is Ohio State colors it is just drawn to me.  Or maybe it’s just because I’m a moving object and they don’t know any better.  Either way, it scared the living daylights out of me.  And I can only hope that they have them in the house the next time I’m riding by...but since this is not the first time I have a feeling it will happen again, I will have to stop so I don’t get knocked over, and my life will flash before my eyes yet again.  Thank you dogs for causing me stress on my ride that is supposed to de-stress me.  At least after the ride I got to go to mass and now I’m sitting poolside writing this.  I think it may be time to take a little nap in the sun? Yes please....don’t worry mom I’m wearing sunscreen.
Oh, and I have no clue who that man is...but I'm gonna bet he's getting burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment